- Член од
- 21 октомври 2014
- Поени од реакции
Околу 120к договорот на Вилиан.
- Arsenal enter the window with a primary focus to improve the midfield. Athletic understand that Edu and Mikel want improved options at 6 (defensive mid), 8 (box-to-box) and 10 (attacking mid). Does not mean however that Arsenal will sign 3 midfielders.
- Arteta keen on players that are multifunctional and can play a variety of roles with his deployment of Bukayo Saka at various postions being a prime example.
- Arteta keen on a midfield 3 as it is the modern formation that most dominant sides use.
- Dani Ceballos has shown that he can play in that setup, operating as the deepest midfieldes, or in a box-to-box role. Talks have already begun with Real Madrid over the extension of his loan. Arsenal would be happy to buy him, but with financial implications of COVID, another loan seems sensible, but another successful season at England would only raise Madrid's valuation of the player.
- Thomas Partey's name is at the top of the list. Partey has been a long-standing recommendation from the scouting department ( which was recently disbanded, but the list of names drawn up by them will be used in the window ).
- Cagigao watched Partey at Mallorca and Almeria when he was on loan from Atleti. The scouting process heated up in 2018-19 as the midfielder was one of Unai Emery's priorities to bring to the club. Club is interested in his defensive ability and tactical prowess, but could not conclude a deal last year as funds were allocated elsewhere.
- Partey has a Release clause of 50 million. In a pre pandemic market, Arsenal would've triggered the clause, but with the new financial restrictions, they look for more favorable solutions and triggering the release clause will be used as a last resort.
- Partey's age (27 ) is a slight concern but the Gunners draw encouragement from Fernandinho's impact, as well as Mikel Arteta, who joined their teams later on and managed to make significant impact on their sides.
- Arsenal also have other options, Pierre Emile Hojberg was one of them, but the midfielder now looks like he will be moving to Tottenham.
- Arsenal also look to offload Guendouzi and hopeful that his sale will raise funds to invest back into the team.
- Willian deal almost done. Arteta looks to add his creativity to the side, that has been lacking it, especially with Ozil being frozen out of the squad.
- With Arsenal optimistic of Aubameyang signing a new deal, they would consider selling Lacazette should a good offer arrive.
- Athletic understand that a deal for Coutinho is currently not on Arsenal's agenda.
- Arsenal also look to add in a new centre back, but will be keen to offload a member of the current group first. Arsenal were interested in Dayot Upamecano but the CB has signed a new contract that will porbably price him out of a move to the Emirates.
- Gabriel Magalhaes is the next name on the list. Atheltic reported Arsenal's interest in the CB back in December. Arteta wants to play with a back 4 and two centre backs with both size and athelticism are required.
- The other area that Arsenal want to strengthen is No.10, Tifo suggests a name that can improve the Arsenal side.
- Lorenzo Pellegrini (Roma) : Linked with Arsenal before, managed 9A and 1G from an xG of 4. Good ball carrier and set piece taker. Roma keen on extending his current contract which has a buyout clause of 30 million euros ( which can be paid over 2 installments )
"Look at the players that we had in the past at this club in those positions," says Arteta. "You go back to (Santi) Cazorla, to (Tomas) Rosicky, to (Andrey) Arshavin when he played there, to (Aaron) Ramsey when he played there, to (Henrikh) Mkhitaryan when he came in. Even Jack Wilshere used to play in those pockets all the time.
"That is a lot of players who are now not here. We have to renew that cycle, because if not, those kind of players won't be there for us anymore.
"They are a big part of what any squad needs."